What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory group synch failed

Votes:

Hello,

I'm triyng to synchronize prtg users with Active Directory, I followed the steps on the manual but obtained the following error when requesting to create the group. what could be the cause? Is there a solution? ...It seems to me as prtg is not using the specified string for the domain... the server is a win 2008 R2 and I'm using the latest version of prtg

PRTG Network Monitor has discovered a problem. Your last request could not be processed properly. The validation of the data provided failed due to the following:

Active directory group 'WinNT:/Net-Mng' not found

The object has not been changed. Error URL: /editsettings?

active-directory prtg user-groups

Created on Jan 24, 2012 4:29:16 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please try

WinNT://AD-Name/Group-Name

best regards.

Created on Jan 24, 2012 4:47:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How can I set the full path you suggested in prtg interface?

thanks best regards

Created on Jan 25, 2012 8:09:01 AM

Votes:

Are you trying to manually enter the AD-Group? Which version of PRTG are you using?

Created on Jan 25, 2012 10:17:39 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Solved. I tried to manually enter the AD-Group in the group creation form as you explained and it worked

thanks a lot best regards

Created on Jan 25, 2012 10:24:16 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.