What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can i filter alarms notifications by probe?

Votes:

I have 3 probes. For my user account - I would like to see alarms popup and sound notifications only for 2 of the probes. (currently i see and hear for the 3 of them).

I still would like to see the alarms if i'll enter that certain probe, but i'm talking about the alarms popup on the upper status bar.

is that, or something similar to that possible?

Thanks. Cheers...

account alarms notifications probes

Created on Jan 26, 2012 4:06:35 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid this can't be achieved. If you have access rights to all three probes, then you will see all alarms from those three.

best regards.

Created on Jan 26, 2012 5:56:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the reply.

Created on Jan 29, 2012 8:51:44 AM

Votes:

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I was just searching for this and just discovered this thread. FWIW, I would love to be able to filter alarms by probe.

Where I work, we have about 700 sensors working on a few hundred servers. Recently, the people who manage our printers discovered monitoring, and we now have added many networked printers to our PRTG installation. The problem is that printers are always and forever jamming, running out of paper or ink, getting unplugged, etc. So we have pretty much constant warnings and alarms for the printers, which tends to obscure the ones we really care about (the servers).

I was hoping to be able to separate out the printer alarms with a different remote probe, but obviously that doesn't help. The only way I can think of separating them would be to purchase a separate PRTG license for a completely new installation, but is there any easier way?

Created on Jun 4, 2013 7:20:59 PM

Votes:

Dear David,

the easiest way would be to use different PRTG user accounts: One for the server people, and another for the printer people. Give each group permissen to their devices only and they will only see the alarms they care about. Permissions are be set in the "Settings" tab of your groups in the device tree, for example (or on device level, if you like).

However, the "PRTG Adminstrator" users will still see all alarms.

Daniel

Created on Jun 4, 2013 10:25:45 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Dear Daniel, I want the do the same setting as Shayd. As you said that"Permissions are be set in the "Settings" tab of your groups in the device tree, for example (or on device level, if you like)" However, I cannot find the device tree in the groups "Settings" tab(I login with administrator Account). Moreover, my PRTG version is 14.1.8.1371 x64.

Created on Jun 14, 2014 1:41:29 AM

Votes:

Sam, can you please upload a screenshot showing this?

Created on Jun 17, 2014 4:28:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.