What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Web interfaced on blackberry

Votes:

Good afternoon to all. first of all sorry for my bad english.

I have installed prtg last version and it works very well. I am able to reach web interface from everywhere on my network but, if I try to connetc trought web client form blackberry device (we have internal BES server) i see on title bar the prtg icon (so seems that the first part of connection go fine) but the screen is always white.

some ideas ? (the other web services provided on lan are reachable with bb web client of course) regards Tiziano

blackberry login prtg

Created on Jan 27, 2012 2:27:43 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There is a possibility to run a PRTG app on the latest BlackBerry devices. For details, please see the article PRTG for Android on BlackBerry.

Created on Oct 22, 2013 9:08:06 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 15, 2015 11:40:43 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

13 Replies

Votes:

Same symptom here. I've just opened a support ticket to see what might be the cause.

Created on Jan 27, 2012 4:06:10 PM

Votes:

Hi,
we are ordering Blackberrys right at the moment to get that issue fixed asap. So please bear with us.
Best regards

Created on Jan 30, 2012 12:37:56 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Konstantin,

we have the same symptoms here. But with Blackberry OS7 it works fine. Only on OS6 and OS5 we have those problems. Please be so kind and inform us when a fix is ready.

Best regards

Created on Jan 31, 2012 2:54:24 PM

Votes:

Hi all,
we are already working on the fix. we will announce it here when it is done.
Best regard

Created on Jan 31, 2012 3:04:54 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi all,
we are still working on a fix for the issue. A quick workaround would be installing Opera mini on your Blackberry by just visiting http://www.opera.com . It is installed in 30 seconds and shows the moblie interface without issues.
We will announce the final fix here, when it is ready to roll out.
Best regards

Created on Feb 3, 2012 9:47:51 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

are there some news about this problem on BB client ?

regards Tiziano

Created on Feb 14, 2012 10:00:44 AM

Votes:

Tiziano, I'm afraid the 'work-around' is still to go with Opera Mobile, as it seems the BIS-Server changes the HTTP-requests/responses to and from the PRTG webserver, which we don't know why/how it does that.

Created on Feb 14, 2012 2:47:18 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Torsten, I am sorry but for us the Opera Mobile Browser is not an option because it directly uses the internet. The Blackberry Browser uses our proxy so we can access internal websites. With the Opera Browser we can't access internal websites.

Created on Feb 16, 2012 3:12:05 PM

Votes:

We do understand this of course, the problem is, we don't know or can't do anything against the Blackberry Server(s) doing anything with "our" (PRTG's) HTML.

Created on Feb 16, 2012 4:35:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I have the same issue.

FYI this was working ok in the previous version of PRTG with Blackberry OS6 on a bold 9700. When I upgraded PRTG to 9.2.0.2176 it seems to have stopped working.

Thanks, David

Created on Feb 28, 2012 10:10:00 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Is this issue resolved with the PRTG version 12? I have the same problem using my BlackBerry Bold 9780 with BB o/s 6.0.

Created on May 15, 2012 2:49:36 AM

Votes:

The mobile WebGUI has not changed fundamentaly between 9 and 12. We do not know for sure which combinations of Blackberry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry OS will work or not, sorry.

Created on May 15, 2012 7:04:48 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There is a possibility to run a PRTG app on the latest BlackBerry devices. For details, please see the article PRTG for Android on BlackBerry.

Created on Oct 22, 2013 9:08:06 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 15, 2015 11:40:43 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.