What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory Replication Errors remote probe not working

Votes:

I created a sensor on a local probe to monitor a DC in a different site (but same domain) which worked OK but suffered occasional false downtime alerts due to network blips. I have now installed a remote probe on the DC which does not suffer the same problem. However, the Active Directory Replication Errors sensor has never worked on the remoter probe. The same sensor worked OK on the local probe.

I have checked the user documentation and found that this sensor requires .NET 2.0. I have checked the remote server and .NET 3.5 is installed, which includes the 2.0 framework and there are no pending updates for .NET 2.0.

I have this sensor working correctly on 2 DCs in my local site, using the local probe. I have read the documentation which states that the sensor makes a list of all DCs and checks them all.

So my first question is, do I need this sensor on all 3 of my DCs, or will 1 suffice.

If I do need this sensor on all 3 DCs (e.g. for best practise) then can you advise how I can resolve the issue on the remote DC to make it work.

Thanks

actgive-directory-replication-errors error prtg9

Created on Feb 1, 2012 10:15:32 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,

The sensor checks all domain controllers in the same domain, so you only need to run it once.

Regards,

Created on Feb 1, 2012 7:57:46 PM

Votes:

Thank you!

Created on Feb 2, 2012 8:16:22 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.