What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Clone or discover a custom check to new and current devices

Votes:

I have a custom SNMP check that i would like to have added to my new and current devices that i have in PRTG 9.2.

Is it possible to add/enable this check to the auto discovery/or to a custom template?

Or is there a way to script this with the API to add this check to all my devices all in once, and if so do you have examples to do this?

auto-discovery custom devices snmp template

Created on Feb 7, 2012 1:42:14 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I would probably go for cloning this sensor with the API to all devices which shall have it. This is documented under "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Object Manipulation". Best of course via a script which has all the IDs of the devices.

best regards.

Created on Feb 7, 2012 4:32:46 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

Is there a script available that gets al the devices and their name?

As such i can create a list of my devices. Obviously i understand that this can also be done via API.

But if Paessler has such a script available i dont have to reinvent the wheel a second time ;)

Created on Feb 7, 2012 5:40:31 PM

Votes:

It should be possible to use the API as well to produce such a list of your devices.

Created on Feb 7, 2012 7:31:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.