What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG interface numbering on switch

Votes:

We have ESW-520 switch in our network, I can see the ports on PRTG but all of them are without numbers. How can I get the interfaces with numbers on PRTG? I checked Switch configuration but all seemed fine. Any tips or ideas?

prtg snmp switch-cisco

Created on Feb 13, 2012 7:38:13 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The Auto-Discovery only creates SNMP Traffic Sensors if the TrafficIN-counter for the according interface is above 0. Could this be an issue? You could also try manually adding the sensors.

Created on Feb 14, 2012 5:07:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Torsten, Thank you, this works. But still I can not see all of my interfaces, there are some switch ports (out of 24, I could only see 22) and trunk ports (only 2 can be seen on PRTG out of total 4 trunk ports) which are missing when I ran auto discovery. How do I fix this? I believe there isn't any need to insert MIBs for interfaces.

Created on Feb 14, 2012 4:33:53 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The Auto-Discovery only creates SNMP Traffic Sensors if the TrafficIN-counter for the according interface is above 0. Could this be an issue? You could also try manually adding the sensors.

Created on Feb 14, 2012 5:07:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Awesome! It worked. Yes, the traffic was 0 on trunk ports and but not on the access ports. So I added them manually. Really appreciate your support! Thanks!

Created on Feb 14, 2012 5:39:12 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.