What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I upgrade from PRTG trial to commercial edition?

Votes:

I download your trial version and made a very nice configuration. I just buy your software but my license does not work with that version. I would like to keep my configuration but I need some help.

Thanks.

commerical-edition installation license prtg upgrade

Created on Oct 11, 2010 10:02:19 PM

Last change on Aug 31, 2023 8:17:13 PM by  Fruzsina Ébelle [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 22

Upgrading from freeware or trial to commercial edition

You can keep all configured sensors, notifications, dependencies, and everything else. If you want to upgrade from the freeware edition or trial edition to the commercial edition after a purchase, just update your License Name and License Key.

1. In the PRTG web interface, select Setup | License Information from the main menu bar.
  2. Click Change License Key.
  3. Enter your purchased License Name and License Key.
  4. Click Update License.

If the activation was successful, you will now have a commercial edition.

For more details, see PRTG Manual: Enter a License Key.

Created on Oct 12, 2010 8:19:47 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Aug 31, 2023 8:14:07 PM by  Fruzsina Ébelle [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.