What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Telnet login using windows GUI tool

Votes:

I was able to set a command shortcut to telnet a device

command:telnet parameters: %host

This will simply telnet the device and wait for login.

how can i make it automatically send further login parameters:

ex (cisco router):"username">"pass">enable>"enable pass".......

I have several routers and all of them have the same login credentials so this would be helpful.

gui login telnet

Created on Oct 12, 2010 6:06:59 AM

Last change on Oct 12, 2010 8:31:57 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Mike,

from the WinGUI there are no other placeholders available than (%id, %name, %host, %message, %type). So it is not possible to get the login information (credentials) from the device-settings in PRTG.

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 13, 2010 1:02:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

You can run not telnet, but own script (for example, written in python) using as a parameter only "%host". Already in the script, you can add run telnet (to the specified "%host") and additional operations with it (eg loging).

Created on Dec 4, 2012 9:48:59 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.