What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to access web interface through internet?

Votes:

Hi, I would like to know if I install PRTG Network Monitor on DMZ or just a remote probe on DMZ. Is it possible to access web interface through internet or I need to access within a VPN, for example?

Thanks

access internet through web-interface

Created on Oct 29, 2010 1:15:54 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this depends entirely on the configuration of the used firewalls/Network. However, a remote probe will not open access to PRTGs webinterface.

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 29, 2010 3:17:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, I got it.

I just know if it is possible to acess PRTG Nework Monitor web interface through internet or only within a VPN or something like that.

Thanks in advance.

Created on Oct 29, 2010 3:29:38 PM

Votes:

by configuring your firewall you can make the PRTG web interface available to the outside like any other webserver.

We do recommend when making the PRTG web interface publicly available to turn on ssl on the PRTG web server.

Created on Oct 31, 2010 10:33:19 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

could you please help me on how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Created on Nov 3, 2010 7:17:59 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid we cannot go into configuring the firewalls (or helping to configure) of all our users of PRTG (we have over 35,000 installations of PRTG 7/8 worldwide!). The setting for the webinterface to use SSL is in the PRTG Server Administration tool, on the tab Webserver.

Created on Nov 3, 2010 7:24:11 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

ok, but... Is secure to expose the prtg web interface through internet?

Created on May 9, 2017 10:08:09 AM

Votes:

Yes, that should be secure, if of course HTTPS is configured for the PRTG Webserver.

Created on May 10, 2017 9:36:30 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.