What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alarm on window service failure

Votes:

I have a Windows service that needs to be restarted every 2 hours and I would like a user to be notified if it fails to connect to the service after 2 minutes. I have installed the Windows GUI and would prefer if after 2mins of failed state that the popup is displayed or wav file played. I have setup a WMI service sensor which works well. I have looked under notifications/state triggers and it didnt seem to do what I wanted, it looks like the options for this were only to send an email, is this correct?

notifications prtg service

Created on Nov 2, 2010 3:16:29 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I would suggest maybe to use a Windows Scheduled task to perform the restarts of the service every 2hours. Furthermore, you can use triggers also to perform other notifications (SMS, IM, etc.) but they can't influence the WindowsGUI and its pop-up.

Best Regards.

Created on Nov 3, 2010 1:01:53 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.