What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I exclude certain sensor channels from my stacked graphs?

Votes:

In the Setup of my PRTG web interface, I enabled the Use area charts option (this is the default setting in PRTG 8).

Automatic stacking of sensor channels works well, but for some sensors, I would like to exclude channels from stacking.

How can I do this?

area-charts channel excluse graphs prtg8 sensor stack stacking

Created on Nov 4, 2010 1:05:24 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Nov 4, 2010 1:06:03 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 8.1.2 or later

Exclude Sensor Channels From Stacked Graphs

There is no setting in the web interface to exclude a sensor channel from the graphs. However, you can manually change the configuration file to exclude channels.

WARNING: The procedures described in the following are not officially supported and extended expertise is necessary to proceed. Please note that we do not recommend such file manipulations and that we cannot support you with this. In any case you should keep a proper backup of your configuration and data files!

• Stop the PRTG core server Windows service via PRTG Server Administrator (otherwise your changes won't be saved)
  • Locate your PRTG Configuration.dat file (see How and where does PRTG store its data?)
  • Backup and open the file in a text editor.
  • In the file, first locate the respective sensor and then the name of the channel you want to exclude from stacking. Underneath the channel's name, change the following section of the channel's XML code: <nostack> 0 </nostack> For every channel you want to exclude, set the value to 1.
  • Save your changes and restart the core server Windows service.

Created on Nov 4, 2010 1:20:37 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Nov 4, 2010 1:24:26 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.