What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error connection with SSL via Windows GUI

Votes:

I have updated my PRTG-Server to Version 8.1.2.1766. Since then I cannot connect to the Server via Windows GUI (on my desktop and the Server). I have updated the Windows GUI on my desktop, but it is still doesn't work, only via Windows GUI.

prtg8 ssl windows-gui

Created on Nov 9, 2010 12:54:45 PM

Last change on Nov 11, 2010 8:26:41 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In the latest PRTG build, there is a known bug which prevents the Windows GUI from connecting to the core server. We will fix this with a new release as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please use the Ajax web interface to connect to your PRTG installation.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

[Update]

Bugfix: [WinGUI] Fixed wingui<>core connection problems (bug was introduced in build 1760) (see PRTG Network Monitor 8 Version History)

Please login to download the latest build.

Created on Nov 9, 2010 1:17:26 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Nov 11, 2010 8:28:26 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.