What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I want a report of downtime only?

Votes:

How can I customize a report to ONLY show me devices with downtime only? I do not want to edit the template because there are times when I would like both uptime and downtime. Can I add copy one of the templates and modify it to just include downtime?

downtime reporting reports

Created on Nov 10, 2010 2:37:50 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

the reports with data-tables include a "Sensor Status History": Sensor Status Historiy This should give a good overview about the specific up-/downtimes of a certain target (especially if you're reporting on Ping sensors).

best regards.

Created on May 22, 2012 1:23:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

14 Replies

Votes:

Dear John,

this is not possible in the moment. The reporting engine is not able to "filter" only for sensors that were in a certain status (as for example Down) in the reported period. We are working on this. Please bear with us, there is no fixed date yet, when it will be possible.

Best Regards.

Created on Nov 10, 2010 4:46:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has this issue been address yet. I see this comment is from 2010 it is now 2012 and we would like to run a report that shows us all the times that the sensor triggered a down.

Created on May 21, 2012 8:31:12 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

the reports with data-tables include a "Sensor Status History": Sensor Status Historiy This should give a good overview about the specific up-/downtimes of a certain target (especially if you're reporting on Ping sensors).

best regards.

Created on May 22, 2012 1:23:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

2013 & I'd like a downtime report too.

Just tried the 'sensor status history thing', which took an hour for a week of data on two sensors :(

Created on Apr 26, 2013 1:35:17 PM

Votes:

You could use the method that Torsten showed above but other than that, we don't have a template for this report. You could also create your own template for the data but this may be a bit of work...

Report Templates

Created on Apr 26, 2013 2:37:48 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to have down time report too.

Created on Jun 7, 2016 1:01:40 AM

Votes:

@windogwow: Currently there are no plans to integrate a dedicated report on downtime. The solution Torsten suggested above would be the way to go here.

Created on Jun 7, 2016 2:04:07 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is it already possible to create a report with only downtime of ping sensors?

Created on Oct 30, 2017 4:02:13 PM

Votes:

Torsten's response near to top is still the best option here.

Created on Oct 31, 2017 12:44:28 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Is it possible to generate a report of any sensors in a warning/paused state for a time period AND what time they went into that state/left that state

Created on Mar 23, 2019 11:35:43 PM

Votes:

Bkmumpower,

Not with the reporting built into PRTG. This would require a 3rd party tool of some kind that I'm not aware of.
You might consider exporting the sensor data into CSV using the Historic Data tab, and then import that into something like Access or SQL as you would have more power to manipulate the data there.

Sorry I can't be more help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Mar 25, 2019 8:08:07 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi All,

No problem, you have to manually select your sensor and check only downtime box !

Regards and enjoy your day

Created on Jul 23, 2019 6:46:53 AM

Votes:

We have daily infra health review and we need to glance through 1000 sensors to confirm there is no downtime/outage which is not productive. The workaround is not a solution which required to manually extract the log for the downtime items. Is there any specific reason not to include downtime or template for the report?

Created on Jan 15, 2020 4:47:14 AM

Votes:

Wallace,

Yes, I apologize, but with our present reporting, we cannot do this.

However, I would recommend you check out our PRTG extension: Paessler PRTG Data Exporter

I hope that helps you in trying to find a solution for your issue.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Jan 15, 2020 6:13:38 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Last change on Feb 1, 2024 10:20:34 AM by  Jacqueline Conforti [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.