What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there anyway to set latency more than 99999 ?

Votes:

I want to add a notifycations: send Mail and call a http url if the speed lower than 10kbps in 2 days. In version 6.0, it's very easy to make it. But in version 7.2, latency time only can't set with second unit. If i want set it to 2days, i have to input 3600x24x2. Very complex.And this textbox don't alow input the number greater than 99999. How can i do? Please help me.

latency notifications prtg

Created on Nov 12, 2010 9:03:22 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid that might not be exactly possible. A similar possible solution might be to use a Volume Trigger (simply "convert" the speed into a volume) and set the trigger for 1 day (2days are not available).

Best Regards.

Created on Nov 12, 2010 1:23:21 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think i can't input a number greater than 99999 becauce the input form don't allow. But, if i know where this number is store and change by another way (don't use the webform), it can by possible.

Created on Nov 12, 2010 5:37:42 PM

Votes:

Please consider the possibility that there may be a reason why the input is limited to this number. You surely don't want to produce any overflows and crashes due to a too larger number for a variable. Such changes (and the results) would not be in any way supported.

Created on Nov 12, 2010 5:43:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.