What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I change the number of PDFs created by a report?

Votes:

In PRTG, when creating PDF reports, how can I prevent them from being split into separate PDFs? With my reports, I end up with five PDFs, each under 500 KB and would rather have one single file.

pages prtg report reports settings

Created on Nov 15, 2010 3:56:35 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Nov 15, 2010 4:09:49 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 17.4.35 or later

Changing the Number of Sensors in One PDF Report File

Each report template includes a parameter which defines how many sensors will be printed in one PDF file before the next file is started. You cannot change this setting in the user interface, but you can manipulate the report template directly in order to change the number of sensors per PDF file.

Use with care! The more sensors are included into one PDF file, the more system resources are needed during report generation. If you experience load problems after changing parameters as described below, please undo your changes, or try with a lower number.

Note: Good knowledge of HTML is a minimum requirement to make any of the following modifications! Please note that modifications are unsupported.

Make a backup of every file you are going to change!

Change Report Template

Step 1

Locate the right report template. You will find all report templates in the \webroot\reporttemplates sub folder of your PRTG program directory.

Note: This folder has changed with PRTG version 13.2.3. In previous versions the templates are located in \website\reporttemplates. Please see this article for more information.

Step 2

Open the template in a text editor. In the second line, you will see an HTML comment, for example, the following: <!--10-->

This number defines how many sensors will be reported in one PDF file before the next file is started. Change this value to your liking and save the file.

See Also

Created on Nov 15, 2010 4:08:17 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Aug 14, 2018 9:05:08 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.