What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Share Disk Free global channel limit

Votes:

I have a group with several devices that each have one or more Share Disk Free sensors. I would like to set global limits for the Free Space (ID 1) channel so that I didn't have to set these for each individual sensor. Currently the limits appear for some sensors but not all - not even for all sensors under the same device.

limits prtg share

Created on Nov 18, 2010 8:33:49 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid there is no "global" setting for this. If these are WMI Free Disc Space Sensors (Multi Disc), then they have a limit setting for all discs monitored by each sensor in their Settings-Tab. To change this, you can use the Multi-Edit. Otherwise, I'm afraid it would be necessary to go to the "Channels"-Tab of each sensor and change the limits individually.

Best Regards.

Created on Nov 18, 2010 5:01:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No, I was not talking about WMI Free Disk Space sensor but Share Disk Free sensor.

Anyway, perhaps you can pass this on as a feature request. There should be a way to set global, limits for each type of sensor.

Also, it would be good to be able to set limits for each type of sensor under a group and each type of sensor under a device.

I'm talking about inheritance.

Created on Nov 19, 2010 7:08:58 AM

Votes:

Hello,

we are planning a multi-edit for the Channels of sensors, so you will be able to change the limits for existing sensors in the future.
And with the Auto-Discovery and the Device Templates (which save Limits now already) you can already with the existing versions of PRTG create sensors with the Limit-Settings you want. Both then together should cover all needs. Please bear with us.

Best regards.

Created on Nov 19, 2010 3:18:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.