What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Phone 7 App

Votes:

Hello,

is a plan to release a Windows Phone 7 App (like iphone-app)?

app phone windows

Created on Nov 19, 2010 12:11:14 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PRTG for Windows Phone

There is a native app available for Windows Phone 8.0 or later:

Created on May 21, 2014 4:45:48 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

18 Replies

Votes:

There are currently no plans for a Microsoft phone app. Sorry.

The number of requests is still too low compared to effort we would have to invest.

However, you can of course use the HTML GUI for monitoring on your phone.

Created on Nov 19, 2010 1:55:37 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Oct 10, 2011 11:22:01 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Hey,

Any changes to the above statement? I would really love to see a WP7 App.

Andrew

Created on Sep 7, 2011 2:00:13 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid it's still not planned. Sorry.

Created on Sep 7, 2011 10:03:06 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just want to second the request - this would be great.

Created on Oct 6, 2011 2:40:21 AM

Votes:

Windows Phone 7 is here with the Mango release. Nokia is going to bring some devices to the table. I too would suggest to start building ;)

Created on Oct 18, 2011 8:18:52 PM

Votes:

Still no plans? Windows Phone is here to stay.

Created on Jan 31, 2012 1:16:26 PM

Votes:

Seeing as the last 'request' was from you and that 4 months ago, I'm afraid no news on that. But version 9.2 has a new Mobile Webinterface optimized for the usage of touch-based devices. Have you tried this one?

Created on Jan 31, 2012 1:52:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Add us to the numbers. I have just taken on a 24month Lumia 800 contract and so will ideally want to access PRTG through a dedicated app. Many thanks....

Created on Feb 9, 2012 10:24:59 AM

Votes:

I was just checking in to see if Paessler has started development of a windows phone app. I normally don't bother posting on the forums of software companies, like most of your customers I am too busy using the products I purchase running my business to try and influence the vendors and software companies I support. I registered on your forums to make this post because, to be honest the remarks you made about not having enough demand for a windows phone 7 app is naive and insulting. My entire company shifted away from your products last fall because you had no Windows Phone app. I didn't post on these forums at that time, nor did I email your company. This is honestly because I don't tell people how to run their businesses, i just choose who I do business with based on the choices other companies make.

Anyways, I am not looking for a response. I just didn't like how you treated one of your customers who took time out of his day to ask you to improve your product.

Created on Feb 18, 2012 7:24:52 PM

Votes:

I just checked the Windows Phone stats on www.statcounter.com for January 2012:

Windows Phone is only used by 0,7% of mobile users in Europe and North America.

iOSAndroidWindows Phone
Global24%23%<0.5% (not in top 8)
Europe41%31%0,69%
North America44%38%0,72%

With our iOS and Android apps we already cover 72-82% of the mobile users.

With PRTG's recently updated Mobile WebGUI we cover more than 95% of the mobile users.

Since we have to focus our limited development resources on stuff that affects as many users as possible, it is unlikely that a Windows Phone app will be available from Paessler anytime soon.

I know this makes some users unhappy, but please understand our decision given the facts shown above.

Created on Feb 20, 2012 10:38:02 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Feb 20, 2012 12:41:28 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Created on Apr 18, 2012 7:15:08 AM

Votes:

We would welcome anyone building an app for Windows 7 and would also be happy to assist you in this process. We just don't have the necessary development resource ourselves right now.

Created on May 7, 2012 9:41:25 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Hi,

Long time paid user/sysadmin

I'm ready for a windows phone app now.

oh - btw - your graphic is flawed - thats the general public numbers and not reflective of the MS Windows Sysadmins you serve.

Thanks

Created on Jun 8, 2012 8:14:56 PM

Votes:

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 and would very much like to have a prtg app for it

Created on Jul 9, 2012 12:19:01 PM

Votes:

I would like to add my interest0

Created on Sep 9, 2012 4:18:44 PM

Votes:

Now that Windows has a formidable product on the market, would you re-consider your planning and direction for phone apps? the one available does not work well for Windows 8

Created on May 10, 2013 7:08:19 PM

Votes:

Ok, it is not a complete app, but MobileAlarms allows you to show alarms and warnings on your mobile device regardless the operating system.

And, you do not have to expose your PRTG server to the internet!

For more information see http://www.prtgtoolsfamily.com?page=mobilealarms

Created on May 14, 2013 10:32:21 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PRTG for Windows Phone

There is a native app available for Windows Phone 8.0 or later:

Created on May 21, 2014 4:45:48 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.