What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to show only devices not in good state

Votes:

Hi, Is it possible to show only devices that some of it's sensors is not in good state? In 8.1.2.1809 I am able to filter out the goods, but when the page is refreshed the filter is gone. Can it be done using maps maybe?

Thank you in advance, Ilya

filter maps state

Created on Dec 7, 2010 2:09:14 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

When adding a map, under Data Tables, there is a "Down Sensors" object that can be used for this purpose.

Created on Dec 7, 2010 3:46:00 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

The "problem" is that I want to see the a high level overview of devices level and not the sensors level. For example if at least one of the device's sensor is not good then the device itself (And not the problematic sensor) should be displayed.

Created on Dec 7, 2010 4:13:22 PM

Votes:

For the maps there is also an object very similar to the device-tree view called "Sensor Tree Small" which will adjusts the color of the devices/groups in the sensor tree according to the state of the sensors in those. Please try this one.

Created on Dec 8, 2010 3:16:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

But the "Sensor Tree Small" isn't filtering devices level at all- it shows all of them disregarding which status I selected using"v"on the top

Created on Dec 8, 2010 4:12:55 PM

Votes:

Yes, the sensor-tree map-object does not filter for state.

Created on Dec 8, 2010 5:22:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.