What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add several map items at once in a map

Votes:

In version 7.3 we were able to add several graphs (of sensors) at once in the map editor. (Add Map Item, then select several sensors to add from the sensor list.)

In version 8, when adding a map item, there is the navigator with the sensor tree, then we have to select the object we wan to add. Is there any way to select several objects please?

Thank you.

maps prtg version-8

Created on Dec 10, 2010 2:45:42 PM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Currently V8 does not have this feature, sorry. We are trying to bring it back soon!

Created on Dec 11, 2010 4:16:56 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Thank you for the answer. My question was posted 8 months ago, now we are using PRTG Network Monitor v8.4.2.2381, does it contain the feature allowing to add several items at once in a map now?

Thank you.

Created on Aug 17, 2011 10:02:26 AM

Votes:

You still cannot add multiple objects to maps with one single drag. However, using the drag&drop functionality, adding multiple items to the map, one after each other, is really easy.

Created on Aug 17, 2011 10:44:16 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Thank you. Let's suppose I have a device with 20 bandwidth sensors and I would like to add all of them in a map. I would like to use 2-days small fonts graph, of size 250 x 350. I still need to go on the left select the sensor i want, then go on the right side select under graph the 2-days small fonts graph, add it on the map, then resize it... Then do the same 20 times.. There is no other way to do this? scripting or else? because I need to do this for a large amount of devices with several bandwidth sensors each, therefore it will really be a gain of time if I could do it faster. (script, batch, edit html of maps?)

Thank you very much.

Created on Aug 17, 2011 10:53:04 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid the only other option would be to use the map-object which adds graphs for all sensors of a device/group (up to 50 items) from "Graphs"->"Live Graphs for Groups/Devices"/"2 days for Groups/Devices"/"30 days for Groups/Devices"/"365 days for Groups/Devices".

Created on Aug 17, 2011 2:50:46 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.