What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH sensor: creditials with certificate w/o password

Votes:

I want to add a SSH Load Average sensor for a Amazon EC2 Linux instance. I use a key file to log into the instance. Login with user name/password is disabled. I´ve not found a place to configure a key file in PRTG. Isn't it possible? If yes, please let me know how to setup the credentials.

Thanks.

Best.

Andreas

certificate ec2 key ssh

Created on Dec 12, 2010 4:48:02 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Update: Using private keys for SSH sensors is possible since PRTG 13. See this article for details:

Created on May 22, 2018 5:35:18 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Sorry, currently authentication via key is not possible. It's on the wishlist, but I cannot give you an ETA.

Created on Dec 13, 2010 10:51:07 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

This seems like a pretty big limitation in monitoring AWS instances. Is there no public roadmap for PRTG available?

Created on Dec 13, 2010 4:10:10 PM

Votes:

As Daniel said: We are working on it.

Our policy regarding new features that may or may not come in future versions is to only talk about features that are officially available as beta or release versions. It would not help you if we tell you now features X and Z are coming March 2nd and then - because of some unforeseen problems - we did not make it in the end. Software development does have its pitfalls.... So we only talk about stuff that's already done and ready to use for you.

Created on Dec 13, 2010 4:42:22 PM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Update: Using private keys for SSH sensors is possible since PRTG 13. See this article for details:

Created on May 22, 2018 5:35:18 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.