What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Powershell sensor invalid

Votes:

A new Powershell sensor is being identified as invalid, but the shell output seems to be ok.

My custom Powershell sensor returns the following output when executed in the shell: PS D:\Programme\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE> .\Get-NSPSuccess.ps1 36:OK

The predefined PRTG custom sensor returns the following value when executed in the shell PS D:\Programme\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE> & '.\Demo Powershell Script - Returns a fixed integer value.ps1' 100:OK

The predefined is recognized correctly, but the first one isn't. I don't see, why the first integer is being identified as invalid.

Cheers, Thomas

I don't see the

integer invalid-sensor powershell

Created on Dec 14, 2010 2:43:33 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I've upgraded to version 8. Version 8 provided more informations about the issue in the default view. The Powershell sensor script called a second Powershell script, which wasn't referenced using the full filepath. After changing the Powershell call to use a full filepath the sensor script works fine. Cheers.

Created on Dec 14, 2010 4:50:10 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Thomas,

please try using the sensors option (in its 'Settings'-tab) to write the result on disk, as a "Sensor-Log". Hopefully this will help to troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 14, 2010 4:27:29 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

I've upgraded to version 8. Version 8 provided more informations about the issue in the default view. The Powershell sensor script called a second Powershell script, which wasn't referenced using the full filepath. After changing the Powershell call to use a full filepath the sensor script works fine. Cheers.

Created on Dec 14, 2010 4:50:10 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.