What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I monitor Solaris 10 servers

Votes:

I'd like to monitor some Solaris 10 servers. It seems like this isn't supported (at least by the auto discover). Some of the detections recognize Linux/Unix, but they don't seem to support Solaris. I'm looking to monitor: Memory Usage CPU Usage Disk Space Is there a way to monitor these servers? Can I make my own SSH type scripts?

discover linux monitor solaris unix

Created on Dec 23, 2010 1:29:26 AM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Solaris systems are not yet supported by PRTG. Please see the following KB article for the list of supported and tested Linux/Unix-Systems.

Custom SSH-Script sensors are not yet possible, but planned for a future version (no ETA set, though).

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 23, 2010 12:20:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Torsten, If you'd like, I'd be happy to modify your Linux ssh script sensors to work with Solaris 10 (and perhaps Solaris 9)

Created on Dec 23, 2010 8:08:19 PM

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for this offer, we really appreciate it. Would it be possible to get back to us by email (possibly just by responding the coming response-notification now)? This way we can easily assign the ticket then to the developer of the ssh-Sensors.

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 24, 2010 8:45:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, Has there been any progress on customizing scripts to be used with Solaris 10. We are keen to monitor disks and in the future ZFS filesystems.

Regards

Created on Aug 24, 2011 8:32:56 AM

Votes:

I needed this functionality for the Solaris 10 thank you bes regards Marcelo

Created on Oct 11, 2011 3:29:29 PM

Votes:

hallo,

no changes so far, sorry.

Created on Oct 12, 2011 6:43:20 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

Has there been any progress on this?

Thanks

Created on Feb 22, 2012 5:44:09 PM

Votes:

Sorry, no news. To be honest this has not a high priority, seeing as the last request was 3 months ago.

Created on Feb 23, 2012 2:30:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well, I have taken 2 hours to write 3 scripts that monitor CPU, Memory and Disk space. These are rudimentary and have only been tested on "Solaris 10 6/06" but do give me the info I require

To be honest this should have been included in the product, as it is a common OS and there have been a number of requests for these features and I cant believe Paessler cant take this time out to provide customers with a supported solution. I know you provide SNMP but in some cases this is not an option.

Thanks

Created on Mar 21, 2012 10:50:27 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.