What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reporting: Multiple devices on one chart

Votes:

I am testing the reporting functionality, which seems quite good. I'm trying to report in all sensors on servers with the "fileserver" tag. This works well, and charts display fine. The problem I have is that the report has one chart for each device, but this makes it unwieldy. Is there a way to make all sensors for these devices appear on a single chart?

graph prtg8 reporting reports sensors

Created on Dec 23, 2010 3:19:51 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can create a sensor containing data from multiple sensors using the sensor factory. You can then use this sensor factory for the reporting.

Created on Dec 23, 2010 10:19:21 AM by  Jens Rupp [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank You, Jens That worked very well, and all sensors are now on one chart (although it's not as easy to do as I'd hoped - a feature to "overlay" sensors from all devices on one graph would be great)

In the meantime though, this works well & the results are good.

Created on Dec 23, 2010 8:58:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.