What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Regarding Configuration of PRTG with Cyberoam

Votes:

Hello, I want to configure PRTG in such a manner that it should show me the bandwidth usage. I have Cyberoam 50ia as my gateway.

Please guide me with the steps.

Thanks and Regards, Prasad Kulkarni

prtg snmp wmi

Created on Dec 23, 2010 11:35:49 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

This depends whether the Cyberoam supports monitoring protocols that PRTG supports. Most common are SNMP, Netflow or WMI. PRTG is also able to monitor various types of servers (Webserver, FTP, DNS, SQL etc), but for actual hardware it would be necessary for the device to support one of the three mentioned "protocols" to be monitored by PRTG. You can test all three ways with one of our freeware networking tools (https://www.paessler.com/tools): SNMP Tester, WMI Tester and the Netflow Tester. For bandwidth monitoring it is most likely either SNMP or Netflow.

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 23, 2010 12:57:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.