What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote probes with failover cluster in PRTG 8

Votes:

Previous post says that remote probes are bound to the master and won't send data to the failover master

https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/7223-can-i-use-remote-probes-in-a-cluster-with-prtg-8

However, it does say this answer applies only to PRTG8 Beta. Is this restriction removed in the full release candidate?

failover prtg8 remote-probe

Created on Dec 23, 2010 4:14:08 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

We also think that it would be a good feature when all remote probes connect to all cluster nodes.

But unfortunately we currently have several other features that rank higher on our wishlist (which is mainly driven by customer feedback) so I can not give you an ETA. All I can say is that it will not be available in the next few months.

Created on Apr 26, 2011 9:05:01 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this still applies for PRTG 8.x (non-beta).

Best Regards.

Created on Dec 23, 2010 4:52:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Are there any plans to remove this restriction in a future version? It will be critical to my company using PRTG or another product.

Created on Dec 24, 2010 8:02:55 PM

Votes:

Is there anynews as to the progress on getting remote probes to work with cluster failover? This is quite a critical flaw in the remote probes as I see it as most of our monitoring is done through remote probes and the reason we pick prtg was for the remote probes. Could you please advise is this feature is going to be implemented in future versions and an eta?

Created on Apr 17, 2011 11:13:20 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

We also think that it would be a good feature when all remote probes connect to all cluster nodes.

But unfortunately we currently have several other features that rank higher on our wishlist (which is mainly driven by customer feedback) so I can not give you an ETA. All I can say is that it will not be available in the next few months.

Created on Apr 26, 2011 9:05:01 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

We would also like to see the possibility of remote probes connecting to the master and/or failover node.

Created on May 4, 2011 4:04:19 PM

Votes:

We also need this feature

Created on Nov 1, 2013 10:31:09 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.