What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple 'Down' Trigger Notifications

Votes:

I currently have two separate Notifications configured to alert on a 'Down' condition for a group of sensors. One notification is a text-only email triggered on down used as a connector for creating tickets in our ticketing software and the other is an HTML email sent to members of our engineering team on down and off down.

Even though I have these both configured for 'Down' under the proper group, we are getting only the text email and are not getting a copy of the HTML email on a condition of down. Also, when i check 'used by' next to the notification itself, I see the proper sensors associated with the text email but nothing associated with the HTML one.

Is this a bug or is this intentional? If a bug, when can we exect to see this resolved? If this is intentional, when can we expect to see this feature added? Being able to assign multiple notification profiles to sensors/groups is pretty important to us.

alert alerting alerts notification notifications prtg used-by

Created on Dec 30, 2010 11:36:08 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

in Notifications, when you use the Test button on the HTML notification, do you get the test mail?

Created on Jan 1, 2011 10:39:51 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It appears that either my test case was not inheriting notifications properly or that things have started working again properly. I will keep an eye on this issue and reply if further problems are encountered.

Created on Jan 3, 2011 8:02:12 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.