What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Http Content channel decimal places

Votes:

I have set up a content monitor. It seems to be having problems with the Channel Decimal Places setting. I have 5 channels. Some of them have varying decimal places in their output.

The Http page raw values look like this: [200] OK - Flash media is still playing OK. BufferLength: [0.101]; BufferTime: [0]; BytesLoaded: [0]; BytesTotal: [0];

When I leave the channel decimal places at the default settings, the result in charts for the BufferLength is 0. So I tried to change the decimal places. I clicked on All, instead of automatic. I click save. The interface indicates that it is still set at automatic. Results in charts still say 0.

If I set it to 3 decimal places, the interface still reports that it is set for automatic. However, I will get an error "unexpected format" if the results only have 2 or 1 decimal.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

content decimal http

Created on Dec 31, 2010 12:15:45 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hallo,

I will make this a support ticket and have a developer look at it.

Created on Jan 1, 2011 11:20:31 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hallo,

when creating the sensor, did you set the Value Type to Float?

She settings in the channel are only to change the view.

Please create the sensor a second time and select the Float Value Type and check if that solves the issue.

Created on Jan 19, 2011 9:34:38 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.