What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Probe on Win2000Server SP4?

Votes:

In order to have an hierarchical structure, I have to install probes in my remote networks. Remote Server available are only Win2000Server SP2 e SP4.. Probe installation fails.. I tried also with VMWare ThinAPP, that let me install the Probe, but PRTG Service doesn't start and fails with: "Missing import C:\Program Files\PRTG Network Monitor\PRTG Probe.exe->kernel32.dll:getprocesshandlecount"

any ideas? there are tricks about it?

Sorry for annoying you.. But I'm stressing your tool with our large networks and I need to test extreme situations.

Thank you very much!

Gianluca

probe server windows2000

Created on Jan 4, 2011 3:43:13 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Win 2000 is not a supported OS any more, sorry.

Created on Jan 4, 2011 4:58:37 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.