What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to apply sensors to multiple devices

Votes:

I have created a device and added many sensors for Dell servers to monitor for specific events. I would like to apply these sensors to all my Dell servers. I see that the clone option is 1:1. I tried to do this with templates but the sensors will not show up on my other devices. The specific sensors are for Windows Events (API) to monitor for specific event logs. Can you let me know what the best way to do this is and if it is using templates why do the sensors not show up on the devices that I have applied them to?

Regards,

multiple sensor wmi

Created on Jan 5, 2011 2:58:48 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

we are overlooking all sensors and their functionality in device templates at the moment and will have a fix for these issues in the next build we will release

8.2 in the middle of January.

Created on Jan 5, 2011 3:24:20 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.