What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IS there a way to add an "acknowledge" function to the Alarms screen of a read only user?

Votes:

We would like to be able to have a read only NOC user be able to "acknowledge" a down or warning sensor in the Alarms screen but yet still be unable to make any other changes.

prtg8 read-only-users rights

Created on Jan 11, 2011 1:07:42 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

I'm afraid that isn't possible. Sorry.

Created on Jan 11, 2011 1:15:27 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

If the "acknowledge" function is only allowed for read/write and administrators, is there a NOC or HelpDesk user configuration that has some kind of accountability similar that the "acknowlegement" function's notes and time stamp? We are trying to create a HelpDesk user account with read only rights but yet still be able to acknowledge alarms, so we can see that they responded when the alarm occurred.

Created on Jan 11, 2011 1:22:34 PM

Votes:

This would be a great feature! So our helpdesk guys could acknowledge alarms as soon as they begin to work on them. We do not want them to change any settings though ... maybe this will be available in future releases?

Created on Feb 9, 2011 2:09:56 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid it's very unlikely that something like this will be implemented. We really want to keep the strict barrier between read-only accounts and user accounts with write access. And given the fact that there are already quite a few different levels of (write) access, we really don't want to make it any more complicated.

Created on Feb 9, 2011 3:31:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

with PRTG 9 you can select whether a read-only user should be able to acknowledge alarms or not.

I havent tested it but I think this should work.

A side-question to this: Does group membership change the possibility of acknowledging? (read / write group access rights)

Created on Nov 30, 2011 12:20:33 PM

Votes:

'Read'-Access Rights onto the objects in question should suffice.

Created on Nov 30, 2011 3:11:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.