What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows 2008 WMI CPU Load error: 80041010

Votes:

Hi all,

We created a WMI CPU Load Sensor to monitor a Windows 2008 CPU status, but the following error is received:

80041010: The specified class is not valid

This issue occurred once before, and it was resolved by resigstering some WMI dll/classes, which we now forget which dll/class is.

Do you have any clue? Or any solution with this issue?

Thanks and Regards, Dorothy

80041010 cpu sensor

Created on Jan 13, 2011 7:54:15 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

This means that one this one particular host, the necessary WMI Class is not available or broken. Please have a look at our WMI Troubleshooting-Articles: My WMI sensors don't work. What can I do? and The Repair List for WMI problems

Created on Jan 13, 2011 4:26:02 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I agree your analysis. Hence, my concern is which WMI class/dll does the WMI CPU Load Sensor query. I suspect this issue can be resolved after registering these particular components.

Thanks, Dorothy

Created on Jan 14, 2011 1:45:30 AM

Votes:

Dear Dorothy,

the The Repair List for WMI problems-Article lists a few options to refresh or re-register WMI-Components. We would recommend to try these in a general way, rather then searching for specific classes/components.

Best Regards.

Created on Jan 17, 2011 1:36:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.