What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User rights

Votes:

hi there.

am getting difficult in creating a certain users who can have access to certain sensors , is it possible to have engineer online who can assist me my chatting id is [email protected] , we have purchased license our company is zanzibar telecom

prtg snmp wmitimeout

Created on Jan 14, 2011 7:02:20 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid an online-chat-support is not available. Have you already had a look at our PRTG manual: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg8/user_access_rights.htm

If a user should only have access to a few certain sensors it might be best, to set the access rights for the 'User Group' the user is in to 'None' on 'Root'-Level in PRTG (which is hopefully inherited downwards), and then only change the User Access Rights on those very few sensors to 'Read' or a higher right for this particular user group.

Best Regards.

Created on Jan 17, 2011 1:11:31 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Kwaslee,

One thing to try if it looks like your rights are setup properly would be to reboot your main prtg server, or just restart the services. In the past I've seen these permissions etc not applied or reflected until a reboot.

Created on Jan 17, 2011 2:11:26 PM

Last change on Jan 18, 2011 10:37:01 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.