What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

searching in PRTG windows GUI

Votes:

Is it possible to do a search in the PRTG Windows Gui like you can in the web interface, and if not, is there a way to sort the devices by name and not by ip address?

Here is the problem, I would like one of our users to be able to do some simple maintenance and upkeep, but they know each location by the physical address (Name in PRTG = 2500 W 28th St) and not the ip address itself. So I need a way for them to easily find a device using the physical address, we currently have 100+ devices for her to scroll through and try to find the matching one.

Thanks for the help.

gui search windows

Created on Jan 18, 2011 9:13:10 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry but both is currently not possible in the WinGUI.

Best Regards.

Created on Jan 19, 2011 12:42:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same problem, not being able to sort is a major downfall of this product.

Created on Mar 15, 2011 10:13:17 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.