What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Changing the email links when behind firewall.

Votes:

I cant seem to find how I can change the links that show up in the alert emails to the address that I have the prtg server running on. For example. if my server is on 172.20.0.10, thats what the link points to. When i had the prtg server on a public ip address, the links were changed to that.

Currently the server is behind a firewall, i can access it from monitor.website.com, but i do not know how to get the email links to reflect that.

thanks!

ip prtg website

Created on Jan 26, 2011 3:26:39 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

PRTG can't know of any NATing or Port forwarding, therefore you would have to "build" such links yourself in the notification templates in PRTG ("Setup"->"System Administration"->"Notifications") with the DNS-name/public-URL and then use the pages of PRTG ("sensor.htm" for example( & placeholders to get the necessary IDs.

Best Regards.

Created on Jan 26, 2011 3:38:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thats fine. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing an easier way to do it.

Thank you.

Created on Jan 26, 2011 3:43:08 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.