What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I define custom scanning intervals (e.g., 1 - 5 seconds)?

Votes:

I'm trying to monitor an extremely volatile network link that requires 1 - 2 second polling to accurately capture peaks. On this link a scanning interval of even 5 seconds results in too much smoothing of the curve and does not give an accurate picture.

Beyond that, the pre-defined scanning intervals only go as low as 30 seconds. There are other applications where I might want 10 second or 15 second intervals.

The old version of PRTG supported scanning intervals of 1 second and complete freedom in choosing your own scanning interval.

prtg scanning-interval snmp

Created on Jan 29, 2011 12:40:01 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It is possible to define scanning intervals lower than 30 seconds, although we do recommend not to do this. For detailed information, please see: I wondered if I can create a scanning interval less than 30 seconds? If so how can I do that?

Created on Jan 31, 2011 11:07:09 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jan 31, 2011 11:07:25 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.