What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Acknowledge a Warning

Votes:

Hi!

Is there a way to acknowledge a sensor in warning status? It would be nice to mark lower level issues as well that we are actually working on them, eg. ticket opened on a problem, and waiting for the resolution.

Thanks!

acknowledge prtg8 warning

Created on Jan 31, 2011 12:33:16 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Sorry, there is no concept in PRTG that allows acknowledging a Warning status. Only Down states can be acknowledged.

Created on Jan 31, 2011 2:12:23 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Can I "+1" this for a feature request list? I could really use acknowledging warnings in my data center!

Created on Apr 19, 2012 4:20:57 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Daniel is right, only a Down state can be acknowledged.

And that is also the solution!

You can use two API calls, one to set the Warning sensor in a Simulated Error and the next one to Acknowledge the error.

/api/simulate.htm?id=objectid&action=1 
/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=objectid&ackmsg=yourmessage 

Regards,

Created on Apr 20, 2012 12:20:38 PM

Votes:

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for the workaround. You are brilliant! It's also a feasible solution. However, it would be still really good to have an official solution from Paessler.

The other thing I'm really missing about the warning state is a "warning since" timer.

We are having a thousands of sensors, and on a dashboard we can't see if a warning is new, or it is there since days. ...and of course it's not possible to ACK, so in this sense the warning state is useless for us. (and it seems for others as well)

Such features are mandatory for enterprise grade products.

Regards,

Created on Apr 20, 2012 1:07:00 PM

Votes:

Hi

The workaround isn't workin for us, because if you put it on simulated down, the sensor will not be polled anymore...

Created on Jul 11, 2017 11:52:20 AM

Votes:

Is this feature on the roadmap? We would be happy if we could ack the warnings, too!

Created on Mar 14, 2018 3:23:06 PM

Votes:

Hello Florian,

Indeed, this feature is been requested from time to time, but there is no official road map to implement it yet. Please allow me to share our way to handle feature requests, which can be found here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 14, 2018 7:24:49 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 14, 2018 7:24:58 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.