What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Different sensor problems since the last update

Votes:

Hello,

i have different sensor problems with terminalservers since the last update.

We monitor our systems out of a virtual maschine (vSphere 4). Since the last update i get multible errors on WMI Sensors, most errors are on terminalservers. The Terminalservers itself looks good, but PRTG only gets a PING back all other sensors don´t work, like Free Disk or CPU.

The Error Codes are PE054 and PE015.

I tried a lot things to fix it but with no result, like reboot or to monitor these servers from a physical maschine.

Any idears what i can do to fix this problem with this servers ?

Tanks a lot.

Michael

prtg prtg8 wmi

Created on Feb 1, 2011 10:43:04 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

just to check, you mean the latest PRTG update? How many sensors are effected? And which scanning interval are they set to? Does pausing half of them help?

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 1, 2011 2:35:53 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are having similar issues with WMI overload (PE054), for instance last night a lot of our sensors started reporting WMI overload when Windows Update kicked off on the servers. We have a scan interval of 5 minutes. PRTG version 8.2.1.1931

Created on Feb 10, 2011 2:43:46 PM

Votes:

In the moment we can only suggest to try using even longer scanning intervals, or distributing the WMI Sensors onto remote probes. There will be some (minor) improvements on the WMI Engine in the coming version 8.3 of PRTG, however, the most effective remedies with WMI problems are still longer scanning intervals, remote probes, or even SNMP.

Created on Feb 10, 2011 4:32:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.