What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Not able to add a SNMP traffic probe

Votes:

Hi,

I'm trying to add a SNMP traffic probe on one of my switch using the auto-discovery and every time I got the -2003 error. If I try the SNMP tester everything is fine and I check twice that my switch had the same parameter as the one used with the tester. My switch is based on a parent settings for SNMP and almost all stuffed. I have other switch based on the same parent and everything is fine.

Can you help me on that?

Thanks,

Richard

prtg snmp snmp-sensor

Created on Feb 2, 2011 6:36:58 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Richard,

can you add a SNMP Uptime sensor to the switch? Is there any firewall that could be disabled for a test?

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 3, 2011 12:37:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I was able to add the SNMP Uptime sensor, but I always get this error:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (erreur SNMP # -2003)

For the kind of switch that I used (RuggedCom RS900) there is no parameter to set or not a firewall. I used the SNMP Tester and I was able to see all devices connected to this switch, so the SNMP setting seems to work well.

Just to do a test I add the SNMP Uptime sensor to another switch and all was OK.

Thanks for your help,

Serge

Created on Feb 9, 2011 1:47:09 PM

Votes:

Is there any (personal) firewall on the PRTG PC/Server, that you could disable?

Created on Feb 10, 2011 5:00:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.