What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Device icons and auto acknowledge not inherited after discovery

Votes:

I have created a group. I attached a device template to the group. Device template has a firewall Icon, a ping with auto acknowledge = "Show Down (acknowledged) status on error". I added 15 IP addresses to the group.

After discovery I mentioned that: - Device icon is not firewall icon - auto acknowledge setting is "Show Down status on error (default)" --> different than device template

device-template discovery prtg

Created on Feb 6, 2011 7:38:17 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Hans,

which exact version of PRTG are you running?

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 7, 2011 12:38:16 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Torsten,

I am using version 8.2.1.1931

Best regards

Created on Feb 7, 2011 1:45:19 PM

Votes:

Dear Hans,

thank you very much. Unfortunately, Device Icons can't be 'saved' in the templates (as the templates only store information about sensor settings). The missing auto-acknowledge on the ping sensor is indeed a bug, and should be fixed for the coming release in about 2 weeks. Please bear with us, and thank you for this feedback!

Best Regards

Created on Feb 7, 2011 3:56:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.