What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can not pause sensor, Ajax Errors.

Votes:

Whenever we try to pause a sensor it looks as if it is going to pause and then issues an error box to the left of the screen with the following error:

AJAX Request Failed PE1001 /api/pauseobjectfor.htm ( 400 undefined)

No matter what sensor I try I get this error. Also the length of the pause does not matter either.

Could this be permissions related?

PRTG Network Monitor 8.2.1.1931

ajax errors pause sensor

Created on Feb 14, 2011 10:34:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

with which browser do you get this error? Does it matter if you use another browser? Does it make a difference if you perform this operation locally on the PRTG Server?

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 15, 2011 1:03:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have tried with bothe IE and F.Fox, as well as the windows app. I have not tied the server.

I did try the HTML interface to compare it to the AJAX and it too failed but cited access/ permissions. I tried this after posting. See below:

PRTG Network Monitor has discovered a problem. Your last request could not be processed properly. Sorry, your user account is not allowed to access this information. Error URL: /m/pause.htm?id=2697 action=0 targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=2697

I am delegated admin and have been told I have read/write access to everything. How can I help the admin of the server ensure we have the appropriate writes to pause?

Is there a permissions box per object? Do we ned to be memeber of a specific group?

Created on Feb 15, 2011 4:45:01 PM

Votes:

In PRTG, every user is part of a PRTG user group. This is also true for read/write users. Please make sure you give this user group read/write access to the objects you want to pause. This permission can the set in the object's Settings tab.

For example, to give this user group read/write access to the entire configuration, edit the Root group settings (section: Access Rights—User Group Access).

If you only give read access rights to the user group, the error box as described in your screen shot will appear.

For more information, please see the user manual: User Access Rights

Created on Feb 16, 2011 8:13:33 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.