What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Am looking to purchase but would really like to speak with someone about the PRTG clustering and pro

Votes:

I have a master and one failover node. It doesn't matter which server I connect to I see a probe for the master but not for the failover node. I attempted to add the probe from the failover as a remote probe to the master. I then set it back to being a local probe to the failover but it still shows up as a probe that is disconnected and cannot figure out how to delete it.

I need to get this configured and working properly to demo for our partners.

I also have a problem with one server's sensors the failover node shows all sensors down except for ping and the master shows all sensors up, how can this be.

clustering probe prtg

Created on Feb 16, 2011 2:45:49 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

as said, the probe of a failover-node needs to run as Local Probe. Only then the node can collect data and do its monitoring.

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 16, 2011 4:19:10 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think the question had to do with the visibility of Probe nodes on the failover node, I am having the same issue

we are running 8 probes, I can see them on the master node but I cannot see my probes in the failover node

Created on Mar 7, 2013 8:09:59 AM

Votes:

Remote probes can only be seen from the Master node and not from failover nodes, a remote probe can be connected only to one Server and deliver monitoring data there. Best Regards

Created on Mar 7, 2013 8:35:34 AM by  Waltraud Bestelmeyer (110) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.