What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Active Directory Replication Sensor issue

Votes:

With the new built in ad rep sensor I am getting 2 new errors that I did not get with the custom sensor.

1) Impersonation of **\administrator failed! [1326] Logon failure. unknown user name or bad password.

I don't see anywhere where I can supply credentials?

2) 0:Replication access was denied.

Both of these domains worked with the custom ad sensor but not with the built in one.

Any ideas? Thanks!

active-directory ad prtg

Created on Feb 16, 2011 4:34:38 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

please make sure that the machine, on which the PRTG Probe with the sensor runs, is in the same domain. Furthermore, please check if the used account has sufficient rights / permissions.

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 17, 2011 1:56:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

The credentials are set on the parent device (credentials for Windows Systems) or inherited from its group/probe

Gerard.

Created on Feb 17, 2011 8:34:08 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

please make sure that the machine, on which the PRTG Probe with the sensor runs, is in the same domain. Furthermore, please check if the used account has sufficient rights / permissions.

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 17, 2011 1:56:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm fairly confident that user rights is the issue. When I use the 'old' custom sensor I can specify credentials and have it work flawlessly. Might be a good addition in future releases as we, and I'm sure others, don't like to use domain admin accounts as our primary probe credentials. Thanks guys!

Created on Feb 17, 2011 2:03:00 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.