What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Broke Sensors

Votes:

Hello,

Installed Windows 2008 R2 SP1 yesterday mostly due to the hyper-V memory allocation improvements. It broke 3 sensors related to Hyper-V monitoring which were in use before the SP1 install. Here is what I am seeing:

------------------------------------------------------------- Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_HvStats_HyperVHypervisorLogicalProcessor" "Win32_PerfRawData_VmmsVirtualMachineStats_HyperVVirtualMachineHealthSummary" "Win32_PerfRawData_HvStats_HyperVHypervisorRootPartition" "Win32_PerfRawData_NvspSwitchStats_HyperVVirtualSwitch"

80041010: The specified class is not valid.

Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_StorageStats_HyperVVirtualStorageDevice" ---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Matt

hyper-v sensor windows-2008-r2-sp1

Created on Feb 17, 2011 4:11:20 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please execute the following commands:

wmiadap /f wmiadap /r

as outlined under I have tried a lot of things to fix my WMI. What else can I try to avoid reinstalling Windows?

Created on Feb 17, 2011 4:19:04 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thanks Patrick. I performed the above command lines and it did not help. I just rebooted the monitored server and am receiving "WMI system overload" on all teh WMI sensors for that server. I paused some WMI sensors and it had not helped. I am going to upgrade to 8.3.xxx. Will post back after the upgrade which I will perform right now.

Thanks,

Matt

Created on Feb 17, 2011 4:50:18 PM

Votes:

Resolution:

1. Performed "wmiadap /f", "wmiadap /r", and rebooted monitored server per Patrick's suggestion.

2. Installed 8.3.xx to resolve WMI overload issues.

Thanks for your help and quick replies!

Matt

Created on Feb 17, 2011 5:10:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.