What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there a way to automatically restart the probes when status is unknown?

Votes:

I'm running PRTG Network Monitor 8.2.1.1931 and some times my sensors status go to unknown. When this happens my monitoring stops. Is there a way to correct this? It didn't happen on older versions.

Thanks..

sensor status unknown

Created on Feb 18, 2011 1:59:10 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Does this affect mainly WMI sensors? If so, please update to the latest release, version 8.3.0.2022 and see if this reduces the issue.

Created on Feb 18, 2011 2:56:27 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

This happens with all sensors, SNMP, WMI and even pings. I updated to 8.3.0.2022 and will see what happens.

Thankyou

Created on Feb 18, 2011 3:15:58 PM

Votes:

I have the same problem, but only with WMI sensors. I'm already running version 8.3.0.2022. Anything else I can try?

The status can be unkown for a couple of hours suddenly they are up.

Created on Mar 17, 2011 4:41:10 PM

Votes:

Update to version 8.3.1.x. If the issue persists, please open a support ticket under https://service.paessler.com/en/openticket

Created on Mar 18, 2011 11:18:31 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.