What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Does PRTG continue to log and display sensor data if the configured timeout has been exceeded?

Votes:

For example, if I wanted an http sensor to change to down state (Red) if the request takes longer than 1 second, I would set the timeout to 1 second. My question is that whether the response times exceeding 1 second would be logged and viewable in the graphs/raw data. My goal is to be able to configure exact thresholds for which the sensor will go into down state (red), while still tracking the response/perf times when this threshold has been exceeded.

I seem to be getting inconsistent results in my own set-up where it alternates between showing 7 second response time (up state) to down state, where no response time is shown. This was configured with a 1 second timeout threshold.

downtime sensor state

Created on Feb 18, 2011 7:10:48 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Philip,

when a Timeout-Setting is reached, then PRTG "cancels" the measurement for this scan and no value is recorded. We recommend using the Error-/Warning-Limits for this purpose: Sensor Channels Settings

Best Regards

Created on Feb 22, 2011 10:51:20 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.