What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto Discovery missing items

Votes:

Hi,

I have just upgraded to version 8.2.1.1931 and have added a brand new Windows 2008 server Device.

To this new Device I have added sensors for WMI Uptime, WMI CPU Load, WMI Memory and WMI Free Disk Space (Single Disk) for the C: drive and then I customised the Notification/Threshold Triggers for WMI CPU Load, WMI Memory and WMI Free Disk Space (Single Disk) All appear to be working normally.

Next I created a Auto Discovery template from this Device and used it to add a new Device, again a Windows 2008 server, but have discovered some issues with this.

Firstly, the Free Disk Space (Single Disk) Sensor was not auto-created

Secondly, looking at the Notifications/Threshold Triggers for Sensors WMI CPU Load, WMI Memory I see that the Primary Channel info is missing and the drop-down menu is empty.

What has happened?

Regards,

auto-discovery triggers wmi

Created on Feb 19, 2011 8:49:01 PM

Last change on Feb 24, 2011 8:31:47 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The WMI Free Disk Space (Single Disk) Sensor cannot be saved into a device template, due to technical reasons. Please use the WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Drive) Sensor instead.

As for the missing Primary Channel, this was a bug in the version mentioned. Please update to the latest version to fix this.

Created on Feb 21, 2011 12:12:40 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Feb 24, 2011 8:34:15 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.