What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Creation of users for a specific device monitoring

Votes:

I had downloaded the PRTG V8 on trail basis.

I want to create a user having access to a limited devices.

As of now I created one user but the user is not able to view any graphs.

Kindly request you to help me in this issue, and please provide the Steps how the same can be created.

prtg-network-monitor-8-x prtg-traffic-grapher prtg8

Created on Feb 21, 2011 12:21:13 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

if you already created an User account/User Group in PRTG, then all you further need to do is set the Access Rights accordingly on the device/group in PRTG (in the "Settings"-tab) so that the user (group) can see/edit the group/device.

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 21, 2011 4:10:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I can restrict the user to view only one device and nothing more.

Regards,

Ozimar

Created on Jul 1, 2013 5:56:56 PM

Votes:

This is possible, using Access Rights on the Settings of the device.

Created on Jul 2, 2013 12:09:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Create user and group, but root devices are show on the profile. How do it to view only one device.

Created on Jul 2, 2013 12:53:32 PM

Votes:

Please then check the Access Rights settings of these other devices. Please also make sure that the User Group in which the user is in, does not have Administrative Rights.

Created on Jul 2, 2013 3:24:38 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.