What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I see down interfaces in initial scan

Votes:

I have a Cisco 3750 48port switch with about half of the ports used. When doing a scan I see the active ports come up, but I would also like to see the ports that do no have any link on them just in case someone does try to plug into them. I have tried using 32-bit counters for the SNMP compatibility mode, but still no luck.

cisco prtg snmp-sensor

Created on Feb 21, 2011 4:31:42 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

you could try adding SNMP Traffic sensors manually, and then in the process of doings so select all disconnected ports (these should be displayed, and can also be selected with on click on "Select all disconnected interfaces").

Best Regards.

Created on Feb 21, 2011 4:46:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thank you! I saw this just as my question was approved.

Created on Feb 21, 2011 5:01:14 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.