What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring a Q-Logic iSCSI HBA?

Votes:

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to monitor the traffic throughput and errors on a Q-Logic iSCSI HBA? The HBA traffic stats are not available by SNMP and Windows does not see it as a network interface so doesn't provide data via WMI or SNMP for them.

We can monitor the disk load (I/Os and bytes written/read) but these are nearly useless from a network troubleshooting standpoint.

Thanks, jk

hba iscsi prtg

Created on Mar 2, 2010 5:28:09 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

On Windows you should be able to see the drives in the Disk Manager and you should be able to monitor them through WMI. Well, you should doesn't help too much, I know. We don't have Qlogic hardware in our labs, so I can't help you more.

Created on Mar 3, 2010 9:19:49 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Last change on Apr 27, 2012 12:58:16 PM by  Manischa Mittal [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm looking at doing the same thing, QLogic SAN expose network throughput and errors via SNMP, however the values are in Hexadecimal format, which PRTG cannot parse as yet. My current solution course is to write a python script using PySNMP (note: one could do it in Powershell, but python is portable b/w *nix and windows which makes the script reusable/adaptable between platforms) Some reading and inspiration: https://qlogic.secure.force.com/SupportCenter/Customer_Support_main?id=kA0800000000CoHCAU#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_SEARCH_RESULT&id=kA0800000000Chm http://support.qlogic.com/SupportCenter/Customer_Support_main?id=kA0800000000Ce1CAE

Created on Sep 19, 2014 3:59:39 PM

Last change on Sep 22, 2014 9:20:38 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.