What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Inconsistent notification subject

Votes:

I have set a custom subject for out notifications (%device (%shortname) %status %down: %message), but when I get the 'summarized notifications' email the subject has defaulted to this...

[PRTG Network Monitor (SYDPPRTG01)] 3 Summarized Notificaitons.

We're getting 'PRTG Network Monitor' as the sender so the first part of the subject is kind of moot. It's only cosmetic granted but the subject lines are pretty long already.

Is it possible to amend the default subject lines for the other types of emails, such as the summarizations, todos, etc?

Thanks, Andy

email notification prtg

Created on Mar 1, 2011 11:10:17 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Andy,

the email-notifications can be customized on "Setup"->"System Setup"->"System & Website" (Header & Footer), and on "Setup"->"Account Settings"->"Notifications" (Subject & Body). The content of Todo-mails can't be changed.

Best Regards.

Created on Mar 2, 2011 1:18:01 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Torsten,

I'm aware of the Setup/Account settings/notifications/subject field, which I've amended. It just appears that the summarized notifications don't respect those settings, just the individual notifications.

Andy

Created on Mar 6, 2011 10:18:43 PM

Votes:

hallo,

the summarized notifications subject

is hardcoded in the software and can not be changed, at the moment, sorry.

Created on Mar 7, 2011 6:04:40 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.